Press Release - JUNE 07, 2019
AM BestTV at the IASA Conference: Competitive Insurance Industry Is Open and Generous to Startups, Says Expert Panel
| ||Lee McDonald|
Group Vice President, Publication and News Services
+1 908 439 2200, ext. 5561
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
OLDWICK - JUNE 07, 2019
In this AMBestTV episode from the IASA Conference in Phoenix, AZ, a panel of executives from the Global Insurance Accelerator (GIA) and from companies partnered with the accelerator say that despite the competitive nature of the insurance industry, they have found that established companies are open and generous with their time and knowledge. Click on http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=panelstartupexperience619 to view the entire program.
The GIA is a business accelerator designed to foster innovation in the insurance industry by supporting startups.
“We help discover a lot of new innovators and connect them with our investor companies,” said Brian Hemesath, managing director, GIA. “We help grease the wheels on strategic partnerships and pilots by teaching both sides of the table what to expect when there is an opportunity.”
Jake Tamarkin, co-founder & chief executive officer, Everyday Life, highlighted how this program has helped him make valuable business connections.
“There is a great informal mentoring happening among the cohorts. It has been fun for the camaraderie, but also incredibly valuable, I think I can speak for all the companies in terms of the learnings, which we are sharing and the connections that we have been making,” he said.
Other people that appear in this episode:
- Nicole Cook, managing director, Global Insurance Accelerator; and
- Jim Gardner, co-founder & chief executive officer, ViewSpection.
For full video coverage of the IASA conference, including exclusive executive interviews, visit http://www.ambest.tv/iasa19 .
Recent AMBestTV episodes:
- Mexico’s Insurance Sector Tied to Fate of National Economy, Says AM Best Senior Director: Alfonso Novelo, senior director of analytics, AM Best, said the economic outlook for Mexico shows a possible slowdown ahead; however, given the lower penetration of insurance products, insurers still face growth opportunities: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=mexicoeconomy519 .
- Belt & Road, New Rules Boost Hong Kong Reinsurers: Ted Hodgkinson, head of corporate risk and broking, Hong Kong, Willis Towers Watson, said new rules put Hong Kong-domiciled reinsurers on a more equal footing with domestic Chinese reinsurers, giving them better market access: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=hodgkinson419 .
- Outlook for Italian Non-Life Sector Remains Stable, Says Associate Director: Michael Dunckley, associate director, AM Best, said Italian non-life insurers should be bolstered by growth in liability and health coverages: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=italynonlife_english419 .
- AM Best Marks Five Years in Mexico City: Insurers and AM Best staff gathered to discuss developments in the Mexican insurance market and the role of credit ratings: http://www.ambest.com/v.asp?v=mexicoanniversary519_english .
AM BestTV covers exclusive AM Best and insurance industry information and reports, targeted topics and key developments in the insurance, reinsurance and related sectors daily. Sign up for alerts of episodes at http://www.ambest.com/multimedia/ambtvsignup.html .
View AM BestTV episodes at http://www.ambest.tv .
AM Best is a global rating agency and information provider with a unique focus on the insurance industry.